Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pleasantly enjoyable




 
This morning I tried to head to the park with the kids, but it was just SO hot!  So we headed home and made some forts in their bedroom.  They each had their own fort and they just LOVED them and loved filling them  with toys.  

Sammie said something really funny today.  She was in her little fort and was trying to squeeze her little body in a tiny little space because she said, "the holy ghost told me to sleep here."  

After fort time, Jennie came home and I was able to go to the Boston temple.  It was great and it's nice to be so close- it think it took me about 15 minutes to get there.  There was a little excitement after I got out though.  Upon exiting the temple I saw a huge cloud of black black smoke, but didn't really think that much of it and I meandered around the temple.  Upon reaching the front again I realized just how close the smoke cloud was and saw a few people looking toward the main road that passes in front of the temple.  As it turns out there was a semi that was in flames.  It was crazy!  Occasionally one of the wheels would blow really loud and the flames were heading up the hill beside the truck.  It was kind of cool in a destructive sense.  I have to say, I was not impressed with the response time.  Apparently it had been burning for quite some time before anyone got on the scene.  

I had a really good picture, but again it was taken with my phone and for some reason certain pictures just don't want to send.  Bummer. 

This evening I went with a girl from the ward and some friends of hers to a free orchestra performance in a park along the harbor.  It was right at sunset and it was just beautiful!  All in all- it was a really nice day.  

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so good at being diligent with your posts! I'm impressed. Is the picture at the top from the concert? I don't see any text there. That's wild about the semi - and cute stories with the kids!

    ReplyDelete