Sunday, September 12, 2010

Falling behind

Yikes!! I feel like the weeks are flying by- although Friday did feel a little long.  It was a great week.  The days are starting to feel cooler and sometimes even a bit chilly. I'm going to do a very quick recap and then post the two pictures that I've taken this week.  Yeah, I'm slacking and I know it.  But, my friend Amy took a couple pictures so hopefully I can get a few from her.
Wednesday Carter was gone for a play date so the girls and I went to Costco. They were great, but I'm afraid that my head just wasn't screwed on right all day long because I kept forgetting to lock doors, or in one case to even close the van door (thankfully, it was while I was parked in our parking garage) .  Yeah, serious issues.  Wednesday evening I went to Institute and I'm ready for that to get going.
Thursday morning the girls had a "zoo class." A 45 minute activity at the zoo.  That was good and I drove us home without any casualties.  Thursday evening I went to the temple.  Loved it!
Friday was Carter's first day of kindergarten.  He was SO SO SO excited and absolutely loved his first day. He actually has four teachers in the classroom and there's only about 20 students.  There's his regular teacher and a helper and then two student teachers right now.  It must be nice to have so many grown-up hands in the classroom.
While Carter was in school I got to go to the gym with the girls, but it seemed so quiet without Carter's constant chattering. Surprisingly it made the day feel like it went by so much more slowly.  I'm really going to have to plan more for my time with just the girls.I feel like I really had to dig deep for something to do and the best I could come up with was to glue noodles on our names as a way to keep us busy, so I'm really going to need to plan ahead.  
Friday night I went with Amy and a few other friends to play racquetball.  We actually went and played at Harvard, but all they actually have are squash courts- which are a little different, but it was really fun. We then went out to eat and I had sweet potato fries for the first time and then we played board games until the wee hours of the morning.
Saturday I slept in WAY late and then went to practice for the ward variety show at the camp out.  Good times.  After that Amy came home with me and we took the kids to the park and tried our best to tire them out.  (I worked some on Saturday this week because I had Monday off).  It was fun to have another grown up around and the kiddos loved her.  Saturday night we went to a "movie under the stars," It was actually for an international movie night in a different area of Boston and so it was an Argentine film about their version of the tooth fairy who is apparently a mouse named Perez who comes and gets your teeth and then they are turned into pearls.  It was a kids movie, but very fun.  It was a perfect evening for it too.
Today has been good.  I went to church, which was fantastic, and then had lunch with Amy and played with her.  It was a pretty lowkey Sunday- then we went to church to watch the fireside.  Elder Scott gave a very good talk.  I feel inspired to cherish familial relationships more.  What's more important than eternal relationships, right?
Wow, this was a very wordy blog- I'll try to do more pictures and less words for next time.  We'll see if I can get at least one post a week.

2 comments:

  1. I was just wondering how you managed to smash so much into one week! Sounds like you're definitely staying busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so tan...

    Sounds like you're having fun! So glad. :) I'll have to come visit you someday. Or at least call you sometime, eh? Maybe I'll call YOU one morning instead of Tisha or Emily.

    ReplyDelete