Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Exploration 101

Frog Pond at sunset- MUCH prettier in real life. 






Finished "work" at four today so I had lots of time to explore.  I wandered, and wandered, and wandered some more.  Here a little and there a little until finally I was done wandering and sat down by the frog pond to read a book and watch the sunset.  Fabulous evening, if I do say so myself.  Here are the pictures to prove it- or at least some of it.  I didn't take pictures of my wanderings through the Italian district :)  I was too busy looking around.   
Boston Skyline

Boston Harbor

Cool floating Fireboat- probably not part of the typical Boston tour.

A headstone I found particularly interesting- I'm not sure if you can read it, but it is for a woman who was the "amiable consort to Mr so and so..."  Not sure why, but that caught my eye. As well as the fact that there were headstones for so many young men who died in their late teens and twenties- so sad.  

Disclaimer- these pictures were taken with my cell phone since I forgot my real camera, and my pictures of the Old North Church where Paul Revere hung the lanterns won't send... sorry, it's a pretty picture- use your imagination.





1 comment: