Saturday, August 28, 2010

Harvard and Boston Commons

Sammie and Carter
So, Boston Commons is pretty  much the central park of Boston.  It was so cool!  There's this pond that in the winter time freezes to be an outdoor ice skating rink and in the summer is a place where kids can play.  Technically I had the day off, but I went with Janna, her roommate Ashley, and the kiddos to see a little more of Boston.  I finally rode the trains here and I've never felt so much like I was back in Italy- totally brought back so many memories. This evening we got gelato in the North End- or Italian district of Boston and I have to say- I'm kind of disappointed.  it didn't quite meet my expectations of authentic Gelato.  No way that stuff would fly in Italy. Not to worry, I'll just keep trying different gelaterias until I find the best :)

This morning they went to the zoo and I went for a walk to Harvard.  I'm not sure how much of it I actually saw since I was just wandering, but it was  a nice walk.  It had to have at least been the right area, since I walked along "Harvard St."
Random shot of me in Downtown Boston

2 comments:

  1. awesome! hey, if you want, my blog is crazykec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun! and welcome to the blog world:)

    ReplyDelete