Sunday, January 26, 2014

Caroline at 7 months

I feel like she can't really be 7 months old- because then she's closer to being a year old than she is a newly born baby.
Like it or not, she's growing up.  This past month has seen a lot of changes:
- Her coordination has improved drastically.  Before she would flounder and if she happened to grab something that was cool.  Now she sees something and very deliberately goes for it.  And then it goes in her mouth.
- She can stand up... with the help of the wall.  She actually seems to have better balance standing than sitting.  She still doesn't roll from her back to her tummy, or lift up on her arms (I think they're just no match for her head), or sit up on her own, but she'll stand for pretty long stretches.
- She really likes her Jumparoo and can finally reach the ground or at least the pile of books underneath her.
- She doesn't like to sleep through the night anymore.  It could be because she's growing or because she's going to be earlier (around 7:00), but I can count on her waking up at least once during the night.  Usually around 2:30.  Sometimes she'll wake up around 10 or 11 which is awesome because it means that I can feed her then and most likely won't have to get up again before 7:30.  She did surprise me on Saturday morning- we'd put her to bed at 9ish on Friday night and I didn't hear from her again until 8:00.  Blessed uninterrupted sleep! (I'm really pretty spoiled in the sleep department).
- She's still going strong on solid foods.  We're still only doing two meals a day, but I've got to start bumping it up because I don't think she's satisfied with what milk I'm producing anymore.
- She's found her feet.  She doesn't put them in her mouth just yet but seems to like just holding onto them.
- She doesn't really cry much at all.  She fusses when she needs something. it's usually pretty mild and I appreciate it. She's a good baby and a sweet little girl.  

Caroline's room... we're working on getting some things on the walls.

What's up?!

You talkin' to me?

uhhhh... it wasn't me....

7 months

1 month

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute! I love your comments on her standing up pictures and I love her room!

    ReplyDelete