Friday, March 4, 2011

The Horse

Funny little story from the other day..


I was playing with Sammie and Cate.  They, naturally, were being princesses.  


It was about time to go get Carter from school so I said, "Alright, princesses, it's time to go pick up the prince!"  


They enthusiastically replied, "Yeah!!! And mom's the queen!" (just for the record, sometimes I get to be the queen) 


Then Sammie or Cate added, "And dad's the king!"  


I had to ask, "So, if dad's the king, and mom's the queen, and Carter's the prince, and you guys are the princesses... what does that make me??"  


They looked a little bit worried for just a short second and then Sammie smiles and says, "You're the horse!"  


Cate climbed in my lap and made it all okay when she added, "And we love you!!"


I guess I can live with that.  

3 comments: