Monday, March 28, 2011

Brrrrr!!!

Curbside service.
I returned to Boston after my "spring" break to find a light snow falling.  Thankfully none of it stuck, but it's the principle of the matter!  It shouldn't be snowing when I'd just been  enjoying 80 degree weather!  Oh well, I guess that's just the way it goes.  


I was welcomed back very enthusiastically by Sammie, who greeted me with, "I don't like Sara."  


I said, "Well, that's too bad."  


I did, however, want to get to the bottom of this problem, because I felt like we'd parted on good terms.  


"Why don't you like me, Sam?"


"It's a secret." she replied.


"Hmmm.... well,  I can't help you if you don't tell me why you don't like me."  


She wouldn't budge, so I resorted to my foolproof method to get them to spill it... I started making ridiculous guesses.  


And she fell for it.


"Too tight hugs!" 


Yep, you guessed it.  Apparently I'd been squeezing the life out of her.  


It would seem though, that there is more at the heart of it, because I got out of her later that she also doesn't like for her mom to go away.

All in all, if those are the only two complaints that she can come up with 1) I hug her too tight and 2) I'm not her mom, I guess I feel okay with that.  


I've also gotten her to conceed that she does like me a little bit, but just not as much as mom. 


Cate through all this just said, "I like Sara."  Thanks, Cate, I like you, too.


Sammie, Carter, and Cate (the girls were having tons of fun playing with my accessories that I brought back)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! If it's any consolation, it's only been in the 50's the past few days. And rainy. You really did pick a good week to come.

    And I like you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your cute stories!

    ReplyDelete