Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Gala








There was New England Regional Gala Saturday night... a formal dance... I don't do formal dances.  Anyhow, after much coercion I purchased a dress (not a formal) for this dance.  I was not incredibly excited about this event, but figured it would be memorable.  Saturday day, I was with some other gals who had decided last minute that they were going to go and to make a long story short, we found ourselves at the fabric store a couple hours before the dance where we purchased and rushed home to construct (without patterns) two lovely skirts before the dance.  It was completely insane, but now I have a nice formal skirt and a new dress!   Even though it felt uncannily like a youth dance from my past, it turned out to be a fun evening and I had a good time in spite of myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment