Thursday, May 31, 2012

The stars aligned.

Tuesday, May 8th, started out like most any day.  Went to work.  Came home late.  My fella had scouts and I had a ward temple night so I hadn't seen him ALL DAY LONG.  I was sad.  
My ward went to a late late session that didn't start until 8:20 and I was TIRED and also developing a sinus headache.  I left the temple hoping to have a message or missed call from Jared, but was sad to see that there was nothing.  It was about 10:20 at this point and any hope I'd had of seeing him was dashed.  Surely he was already asleep.  My foolishly optimistic side was concocting ways that I would see him and he could just hold me and make me feel better.  
"Maybe he would just be waiting at home for me?"  I hoped
"Nah.... it's too late... he's been working hard today... "  I reminded myself.
"Well, where could he park his truck if he wanted to surprise me? Would he drive his brother's car?" The foolishly optimistic side continued.
"Give it up! He's already snoozin'!"  
"Okay, fine.  You're probably right."

So I continued home and saw to my slight consolation  that this was on my doorstep:
I would have rather seen him, but I it was better than nothing.  

I leaned my tired and achy head against the door and knocked the secret knock so Emily and Dan would know it was me.

Surprise of surprises,  when the door opened I was shocked to see Jared on one knee holding a beautiful ring.  "Sara Sophia Leckie, will you marry me?"  
I was beyond stunned and couldn't even think straight so I gave the only appropriate response.  I kissed him.  
"So... is that a yes?"  he asked.
"Yes, it's a yes."  I said.  

Not the actual day of, but I was much more awake in this picture.



1 comment:

  1. Good job on the documenting. I'm still sad that my only roll as accomplice was to let Jared in so he could be waiting for you. Cute picture at the end :)

    ReplyDelete