Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Talent Show

Back at the end of April my ward had a talent show.  I participated in two different acts- both of which confirmed where my talents are... or aren't.   My friend Alexandra studies Dress History and Museum Studies here and as her talent asked me and about 10 other girls from the ward to model some of the dresses she's made.  I got to be a swashbuckling maiden although I discovered that a model I most definitely am NOT.  It was fun though.  




The other act, which I REALLY wish I had a recording of was an acapella group of girls singing a cover arranged by Sarah Houghton (my visiting teachee) of "Always be my Baby" originally by Mariah Carey.  Here's a picture of that group:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150153178798751&set=t.17806456&type=1 
and a snipet of sounds from the talent show by a fantastic gal in my ward (Colleen Kelly) who does this kind of thing (the last 25 seconds or so are me and the other ladies):

http://www.theinfamousdance.com/1/post/2011/04/the-sunday-sound-a-mormon-saturday-night.html

1 comment:

  1. Loved the audio clip in general. Reminds me of the good old BYU days. Wish we could've heard the whole song!

    ReplyDelete