Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Washington D.C.




Another fun-filled weekend travelling around.  This past weekend I was in D.C. to visit with my Trainer, Sorella Christine Ross.  We had a blast and it was so much fun to spend time with her and her roommates, Kristina, and Sydney. I flew down on Thursday afternoon, then Friday while everyone else was at work I explored D.C.  I ventured into the Metro and visited, at least briefly:
The Museum of American History

United States Holocaust Museum

National Museum of the American Indian

Washington Monument (yep- I went to the top)

My ticket to the top!
The Museum of Natural History
The National Sculpture Gardens
The view from the top of the Washington Monument:



You could see the Washington D.C. temple from the monument.


Saturday Morning we went to the Temple-

Then that afternoon we had lunch at an Amish market-
Then we went to a Navy football game because Kristina's (not Christine) fiancée is in the Navy-


On Sunday, Church wasn't until 3:00 so we went and wandered around Old Towne Alexandria and had a little photo shoot.  It was such a cute little town and fall was really putting on a spectacular display for us!  



It was a fantastic trip!

The view from the Apartment in Alexandria


4 comments:

  1. Ohhh! You're so lucky to get to visit DC. We LOVE it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Loved the ones from the top of the Washington Monument especially. You are a traveling maniac, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's me popping in from dreary, freakin cold Utah to say YOU SUCK....so jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I really enjoyed DC, but that's cool that you got to kind of do your own thing. I wish wish wish I could have gone to the top of the Washington Monument. Glad you got to! :)

    Oh, and that picture of you at the temple is awesome...looks very celestial. Haha...get it?

    ReplyDelete