Thursday, February 16, 2017

Matthew at 2 Months


Height: 23 in (50%) 
Weight: 12 lb 1/2 ounce (50%)
Head: Don't have the measurement but is was something like 90th%


Aside from the spitting up Matthew is awesome!  He's like Ben was- somewhat unpredictable, but enough of a fire hose that I want to be prepared every time I feed him.  He does the out the mouth and nose business, too, and it just makes me so sad.  But, he's growing well so I guess it's not too detrimental.  I just do a LOT of laundry.
The only part of the day that has any routine at all is bedtime.  I'll usually feed him around 7:30-8:30 and then swaddle him, give him a pacifier (he's the only one of my kids who will even tolerate them thus far), give him a kiss, and leave.  He usually wakes up somewhere between 2:00 and 4:00 to eat and goes right back to sleep.
He's starting to smile intentionally. It makes my heart so happy!
He's doing better with the head control.  Not quite such a bobble head anymore.
Poor kid, I feel like he spends such a large portion of the day in the swing.  I feel like the floor is so cold and also a little less safe with the other kids running around like crazies.
He's pretty sensitive to being left alone.  Unless he's asleep he is quick to let us know that he doesn't want to be in the room by himself.
He rarely rarely cries.  He'll get fussy- but I think I've only heard him actually cry a handful of times. It's a trend I hope continues.
I really enjoy this stage when they're so sweet and cuddly, but I'm also looking forward to him being able to join his brother and sister in playing.  They're so sweet to him (most of the time) and I hope they'll all be such good friends! He's developing the necessary toughness to be a younger sibling.  I walked around the corner the other day to see Ben sitting on him.  Matthew wasn't crying at all but Ben still got a direct trip to time out.  Ben also will occasionally give the swing some extra pushes.  So far we're all still doing alright. 





Trying so hard to lift his head. 2/1/17

Loving his new swing 2/8/17

Practicing his high school picture pose. 2/9/17

2/11/17


No comments:

Post a Comment