Sunday, July 7, 2013

A few firsts

This was the first time I'd ever been in Utah for the 4th of July.
It was also the first time that Jared and I have been together for the 4th of July.
And it was also the first time for Caroline to celebrate the 4th of July.

Our Patriotic Red, White, & Blue
We mostly stayed at home during the day and later went to Jared's parents house and let Grandpa Ridges hold Caroline while Jared and I sat on their deck and watched fireworks over the valley.  It was a lovely evening.

Caroline also had her first sponge bath at home.  She didn't cry too much and she had that sweet clean baby smell when we were done so I'd say it was a success!
Caroline and Jared also rode on the FrontRunner train for the first time.  I didn't get a picture on the train, but here are Caroline and Jared at the Salt Lake Temple after we got off the train.


Just one of me with my little one.  I sure do like her.

Jared took this video yesterday- I'd say he's smitten.



I went to Sacrament meeting today while Jared stayed home with little bit and one of the young women- whose level of spirituality is unparalled- said this very apt phrase:
"Even though there may be hard days, it's not a hard life."  
As I'm learning how to take care of this little one- even with crazy hormones and sleep deprivation- there are hard days but it is a very very good life.  

3 comments:

  1. I love the quote. :) And Caroline is SO little! I really hadn't grasped just how much until these blog posts tonight. They're great posts! Love your red, white, and blue, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Sara! (Jared too) isn't being a mom the best experience ever!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. She's such a cutie. And thanks for sharing the quote - we needed the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete