Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lost and found

One day I was sitting in my car talking on the phone with my friend Amy.  I was just chatting and being a perpetual fidgeter I was playing with my ring on my finger and just chatting away.  I was resting my left hand on my steering wheel when I fidgeted a little too much and my ring slipped off my finger and rolled forward on the dash.  I wasn't too worried until I went to look for it and couldn't see it.  It had fallen inside the defrost vent... at least I knew where it was, right?



I took my car to a repair place the next morning and asked them how much it would cost to retrieve my ring and they said it would probably take about an hour of labor or $95.  Knowing that Jared would be coming to visit soon I opted to turn it onto a project- not knowing then that it would become an all day process.  Jared flew in at 9:30, his parents arrived (the first time I met them) at around 11:00, and we started dismantling the car at about 12:00.  After taking apart the ENTIRE dash, drilling holes in the air relay box, and getting pretty frustrated we finally saw the ring and Jared got it out at about 7:00pm.  It was a happy happy reunion.  

1 comment: