Monday, October 11, 2010

Girls girls girls...

I realize that I should probably put more effort into spending my evenings with boys, but I have so much fun with some of the ladies up here that it's hard to force awkward conversation with the fellas.  Hence, the reason that I have pictures of all girls, girls, girls.  Oh well, someday I'll meet a guy worth tagging along with.  For now, I'm thankful to have so many fabulous friends here.  
I'm realizing that my weeks are filled with church things.  Last week for example went a little like this:  I worked during the days, then: Monday, FHE; Tuesday, Temple; Wednesday, Institute; Thursday, Temple for a ward baptism trip; Friday, Cotillion at church; Saturday, Fireside; Sunday, Church (obviously), and Home Teachers.  It's a little ridiculous sometimes, but all of those things were fantastic so I guess it could be much much worse. 
Alexandra and I at the October fest
 The Cotillion on Friday night was especially fun.  It was pretty intense line dancing- old school style.  I really enjoyed myself and may have had blisters on my feet by the end of the night because we danced so much.  After the cotillion I had a fun ice cream outing with Courtney... so funny, and so fun.  Sorry, no pictures of that adventure.  Saturday night the fireside was great.  It was from Robert Millett and it was especially applicable to me so I'm glad I went. After the fireside Alexandra and I went to an October fest at a local University.  Not only did we feel a little out of place because we were the only ones not drinking, but we could have quite possibly been the oldest ones there.  It was at the "German house" and she served a mission in Germany so she wanted to go. It was still fun dancing the night away... or at least a little bit of the night away.  
Ashlee with her fabulous cupcakes...
there were 6 different kinds, I think.

 Sunday night Ashlee had a cupcake party at her house.  Really fun and yummy.  Pina colada cupcakes... so gooooood!  



Rebekah and me at the WWII Boston memorial.


Today for my day off I went to the temple this morning because it's the 10th birthday of the Boston temple so they were open this morning even though it's a monday.  It was a stake temple fest... really cool.  Then I headed out with Rebekah and we wandered around Boston and had a day of fun conversation.  Now, I just need to find time to study for the GRE....  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like tons of fun! But, yeah, you should probably carve out a little time for the boys, even if they aren't as fun initially!

    ReplyDelete